Front End Web Developer
VividFront is an integrated marketing agency with a majority focus on driving results and revenue for our clients. Our core competencies include custom web design and development, eCommerce stores, branding, and all things digital marketing. We take a unique, audience-based approach to our work, allowing us to successfully drive results across a wide variety of both B2C and B2B industries.
The VividFront team prides itself on the ability to constantly adapt and creatively solve problems in the ever-changing world of digital marketing. Departments work side-by-side in a highly collaborative, creative and energizing environment. In terms of our org structure, we strive to promote from within and never hesitate to recognize and reward hard work.
Our development work spans many platforms, but 95% of what we do is done in the LAMP stack. We build upon frameworks like Magento, WordPress, Laravel, Symfony, and Zend.
VividFront is looking for a Front End Web Developer who is motivated to combine design and development knowledge to build websites and applications. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX designs to actual code. You will work with other developers and designers to bridge the gap between design and development implementation, taking an active role on both sides by defining how the application works, looks and performs.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Provide input on designs and best practices
- Optimize code for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members
Required Skills and Experience
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Basic understanding of CSS pre-processing, such as LESS and SASS
- Basic familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop
- Good understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Basic understanding of SEO principles and ensuring code adheres to them
- Ability to set up sites and applications on a local, development environment
- 3+ years of front end development
Good to have Skills and Experience
- Basic understanding of Vue,js, KnockoutJS, and ReactJS
- Experience in the LAMP stack with platforms such as WordPress, Magento, and Laravel
- Basic understanding of Twig
Why Choose VividFront?
- “Unlimited” paid vacation policy
- Free Healthcare, dental, and vision benefits with your premiums 100% paid by us, nothing out of your paycheck
- Limitless opportunities for growth and advancement
- Free, unlimited snacks and beverages
- Company Happy Hours
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- A downtown Cleveland office with natural light, vintage hardwood floors, and an amazing location near Progressive Field and The Quicken Loans Arena
- Free covered (garage) downtown parking
Ready to apply? Use the form below.