Web Development Intern
VividFront is looking for a Web Development Intern who wants to work on big brands, fun projects and cutting-edge web technology.
We build mobile/tablet friendly sites which are responsive, engaging and effective, create plugins and extensions for common CMS/e-Commerce frameworks, and develop email campaigns that accomplish marketing goals.
VividFront is an integrated marketing/advertising agency with a majority focus on driving results and revenue for its’ clients. This takes the form of building web sites, eCommerce stores, online marketing and engaging advertising campaigns. Our development work spans many platforms, but 95% of what we do is LAMP stack and PHP-based. We build upon frameworks like Magento eCommerce, WordPress CMS, Laravel, etc.
You’ll be working in the development team to help complete tasks and meet deadlines. Your focus as a Web Development Intern will be growing your skills, developing best practices and familiarizing yourself with various web frameworks by assisting on frontend development work, content loading, email marketing campaigns and other tasks as necessary. You should be well organized, collaborative and efficient.
Do these apply to you? If so you would be a great candidate for this position:
- I have exposure to PHP or another script-based backend language
- I have interest in making my development as efficient as possible by using the appropriate tools and platforms to accomplish a task
- I still have a lot to learn and am looking to learn in a real development/agency setting
- I live by “DRY” and don’t reinvent the wheel
Required skills and experience:
- A Computer Science or development degree, bootcamp certification, or equivalent skillset or experience
- Experience using PHP and PHP libraries
- Proficiency in frontend deveolopment, and knowledge of best practices including up-to-date knowledge of CSS3 and HTML5
“Good to have” skills and experience:
- WordPress (Theming, Custom Post Types, and customization)
- Experience coding HTML-based email blasts
- Magento eCommerce
- Knowledge of Git/Bitbucket version control
- Adobe Creative Suite experience
- Knowledge of CSS preprocessors (SASS, SCSS or LESS)
- Knowledge of NPM and build tooling (Grunt, Gulp, Rollup, Webpack, etc.)
- Knowledge of Composer and advanced PHP concepts (OOP, ORMS, Templating such as Twig/Blade, etc.)
Reasons why to work at VividFront:
- Downtown Cleveland office with an incredible location wedged between Progressive Field and The Quicken Loans Arena
- Small team, no layers of management and office politics
- Relaxed work environment with no dress code
- We have a wonderful office space with big windows for natural light, modern desks and vintage hardwood floors
Ready to apply? Use the form below.